Service Learning Student and Agency Contract
Student Name: _______________________________________________________________
Student Phone/Email: _________________________________________________________
Organization Address (include zip code)__________________________________________
Site Supervisor Name: _________________________________________________________
Site Supervisor Phone/Email: ___________________________________________________
General Purpose of the Project
- To Participate in and observe Jewish organizational life.
- To identify Jewish values (especially tikkum olam) that define and guide the mission and operation of the organization.
- To critically observe the culture (behaviors, activities, debates, and struggles) of the organization and to link them to the process of defining contemporary Jewish values and identities.
Student Responsibilities and Learning Goals (this must be filled out BEFORE site supervisor signs this contract)
Hours per week:_______________________________________________________________
Start Date/End Date: ___________________________________________________________
Please read carefully and sign below:
We, the undersigned, agree to the following:
- Student will attend an orientation to the host site
- Student will work the required number of hours, make up for any absences, and communicate absences and vacations as soon as possible to the site supervisor
- Student will abide by rules and regulations or the organization
- Student will reflect on experience through journals and class discussion and will complete a final reflection paper on the experience.
- Site supervisor will provide an orientation at the host site and will be clear about expectations
- Site supervisor will provide feedback as appropriate and will evaluate students at the end of the semester
- Both student and site supervisor will communicate problems or concerns to Professor Lester, 785.864.2503
(student) (site supervisor)
Students will return Agreement to Professor Lester, and photocopies of the signed agreement will be distributed to student, site supervisor, Coordinator, and Course Instructor. Thank you.