Year 3 Sample Quiz
ENGL 332: Shakespeare Name:________________________________
1. Whom does Iago suspect his wife of having sex with?
2. Iago says that his ideal woman's virtues exist "To suckle fools and chronicle small beer." Paraphrase what he means by this.
3. Identify the act, scene, and line number wherein Iago finally convinces Othello that Desdemona has been unfaithful. Explain your choice.
4. Where did Othello get the handkerchief?
5. What magic does Othello say he used to get Desdemona's love?
6. If you were making a film version of Othello, what song would play at the end of the movie? Why?
7. What is Ian Smith's main argument about Othello?
8. According to Ian Smith, what were the main two ways of representing race in Shakespeare's theater?
9. What is medicinal mummy?
BONUS: At the end of the play, what does Graziano say he'll do to Iago?