PTC Program Discussion Prompts
Your PTC team might discuss some of the questions listed below:
- What are your goals for students in the course? How do these interface with department,university, or discipline goals?
- What are three critical things you want students to take away by the end of the semester?
- What developmental level do students need to be at to engage with course material?
- Do the stated goals for the course match the needs of students with whom you are working?
- How is that apparent?
- How do you spend your contact time with students? Lecturing, discussing, small groups,one-on-one? How do students respond to the contact time?
- Which assignment do you think is central to the course and best illustrates student learning?
- Does the student work on it meet your expectations?
- How do you evaluate student work? How do students respond to this evaluation?
- How do you use previous student work to measure progress in student outcomes?
- What is your greatest challenge teaching this course?
- What changes have you made in this course from previous semesters? Why? Did the changes yield the outcome you wanted?